An Introduction to TimeMapper
TimeMapper from the Open Knowledge Foundation Labs is a platform combining temporal and spatial data through an innovative and interactive platform for discovery. It is open source software that offers you a unique and effective way of sharing your research data and exploring temporal and spatial patterns. It is an easy to use and powerful tool for creating integrated timelines and maps in minutes to tell interactive data-driven stories.
Utilising Google Docs as a simple data source, you can expose dates and locations in an engaging and interactive format for your own use as well as the external presentation of your research findings.
This brief hands-on session will introduce TimeMapper and provide tutorial instruction so that you can judge for yourself whether it is a useful tool for your own digital scholarship.
- OKF Lab Projects
- Anne Frank Timeline / History of Wine
- MS Labs ChronoZoom
- Doctor Who Timeline
- StoryMapJS : The McAteers
- TimeMapper Homepage
- TimeMapper: Sir Robert Hart
- A Short TimeMapper Tutorial
- TimeMapper Source Code
- URL for the TimeMapper (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MW4UbCo56wCWEnXspnvNeJbB5mJWaUUdg7GB8P78qRY/edit#gid=0)
- Neatline Declaration of Independence
Other Related Resources