Adding Google Fusion Tables to Your App Menu
If you find yourself using an institutionally provided google account (as opposed to your own personal gmail or google account) it will often be subject to a specific license arrangement between Google and your institution. As a result some Google tools may be available and others not.
As some of the tutorials provided on this site use Google Fusion Tables, it may have to be added to your available apps.
Do you have Google Fusion Tables Available?
- Got to your Google Drive
- Click on the ‘New’ Button in the top left
- When you do so, you should see the standard 3 apps and a pop-out menu that allows you to see More >. If Fusion Tables is there under More > then you are set to go… if not proceed to the next step.
Adding Google Fusion Tables to your available apps
- At the bottom of the More menu is ‘+ Connect more apps’;
- Clicking that will open up the Google Apps store for Drive. It will look something like this (depending on your institution).
- Look at all that app magic at your fingertips. Type: Fusion into the Search Apps field and hit return. You should see a List similar to:
- You should see a + Connect button beside ‘Fusion Tables (experimental) if it is available to you. If it’s there click that button and it will be added to the Apps available to you. You can then return to any of the Fusion Table Tutorials on this site.
- If it is not available due to institution restrictions, you can still access it via your personal Google Account if you would like to carry out these tutorials.